Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Sledding Saga


After a week in the 40's, yesterday the temperature was below freezing and we could actually walk on top of the deep snow. We went sledding a week or two ago and had to trudge up the hill sinking up to our knees in the snow every step of the way. So, when we saw the chance to try it again without the sinking, we were excited. Well, we learned quickly that if the snow is icy enough to walk on, then it is very fast for sledding. Eliza and Belle took a run fast as lightning. At the bottom they rolled off the sled, and Belle came up crying. The left side of her face got scraped. I said, "These are kind of dangerous conditions." Erik disagreed. Then I took Alexus down on my lap, we also fell off before we got going too fast. Alexus came out of my arms and scraped her cheek. I said, "I think we should go home." Erik was still not convinced so Eliza took another run. She was great and even took the jump at the bottom of the hill. But she didn't land on the sled and scraped her cheek. At which point Erik conceded and we all went home. It's hard to see but the top picture is the girls today with their scrapes.



4 comments:

Mel said...

At least one child was spared the scrape on her face!

Becky said...

Kids are pretty resiliant . . right??

I bet you are ready for spring right about now. I feel soooo ready for warmer weather, and we haven't had snow for a while, so I can't imagine how it is for you. I bet it is pretty though instead of just brown and gray like here in Yakima. What a crazy winter this year! I wonder if Spokane still has the huge snow burms from their freak snowfall this year-- I wouldn't be suprised if a few of them lasted into the summer!

Lindsay said...

OWEEE! Sounds a lot like our discussions here! Thanks for offering to take Lucy, unfortunately she got run over the day before we signed on the house...I know, sad. But how bout you buy our house and take care of it? HEHEHEHE!

Ken, Kendra, & Kyson Nhep said...

Tomi! I found you off of Aimee's blog. This is Kendra (formerly Jaten)...from Spokane (and Bellingham).. I'm glad I found your blog so I could catch up with you. Cute girls!!! Where are you guys living now? How have you been? You can view our blog off of this link.